Memorial for U.S.S. Lincoln. Washington, D.C. May 31. A...
Memorial for U.S.S. Lincoln. Washington, D.C. May 31. A memorial tablet was unveiled at the Navy Department today in rememberance of the USS Lincoln that was torpedoed off the French Coast during the World War, the ceremonies were attended by officers who served on the ship during the war, Miss Janet Byrne of Bridgeport, Conn. unveiled the tablet, next is Comdr. W.L. Lind, Rear Admiral P.W. Foote, who commanded the transport at the time she was torpedoed. 5/31/37
1 negative : glass ; 4 x 5 in. or smaller
- Title from unverified caption data received with the Harris & Ewing Collection.
- Gift; Harris & Ewing, Inc. 1955.
- General information about the Harris & Ewing Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.hec
- Temp. note: Batch four.
- Harris & Ewing Collection
- United States--District of Columbia--Washington (D.C.)
- Glass negatives.
Harris & Ewing Collection (Library of Congress)
Harris & Ewing, photographer
- Album: All photos