Mexican migrant housing. Edcouch, Texas. These units are owned by a labor contractor who rents them for a nominal sum to his group of workers. They remain in the lower valley working in the vegetable and citrus fields for about nine months of the year. The contractor takes them in trucks to west Texas for cotton picking. The Mexicans have in some cases gone into Mississippi and Louisiana for the cotton picking
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection (Library of Congress).
Lee, Russell, 1903-1986, photographer
- Nitrate negatives.
- 1 negative : nitrate ; 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 inches or smaller.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- LOT 0606 (Location of corresponding print).
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 29, frame 1511.