Thanksgiving, 1942. Four of Mr. and Mrs. Wayman E. Fincham's six warrior sons return to their home in Silver Spring, Maryland, for Thanksgiving. Five of the brothers joined the Coast Guard and the other enlisted in the Army. The oldest brother is with Uncle Sam's fighting forces overseas, and the youngest is in training. Mr. and Mrs. Fincham proudly display six stars in the window of their home to tell the world their sons are fighting for freedom
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection (Library of Congress).
Hollem, Howard R., photographer
- Safety film negatives.
- 1 negative : safety ; 4 x 5 inches or smaller.
United States. Office of War Information.
- Actual size of negative is C (approximately 4 x 5 inches).
- Title and other information from caption card.
- LOT 1902 (Location of corresponding print.)
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 31, frame 1900.