Amazing photo of the soil blown by the "dust bowl" which ended piled up in large drifts near a Liberal, Kansas farm. Taken in March of 1936 by Arthur Rothstein, who was one of the photographers who documented the effects of the Dust Bowl (and the Depression) for the Farm Security Administration.
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection.
in Liberal, Kansas United States of America
Rothstein, Arthur, 1915-1985, photographer
- Nitrate negatives.
- 1 negative : nitrate ; 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches or smaller.
- Title and other information from caption card.
- LOT 0426 (Location of corresponding print).
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi