Thomas Edison - Inventor
Thomas Alva Edison is one of the most prolific inventors in history and holds over 1,093 US patents. Most of his inventions were based on telecommunications. Some of Thomas Edison's more notable inventions include electricity distribution in 1880, the mechanical vote recorder, electric car battery,recorded music (sound recording & reproducing phonograph in 1878), two-way telegraph in 1892, motion picture cameras (the Kinetograph) and the stock ticker.
This photo was taken circa 1901 in his laboratory located in East Orange New Jersey.
Thomas Edison was born in Milan Ohio on February 11th 1847 and died due to complications of diabetes in Llewellyn Park West Orange, New Jersey on October 18th 1931. ... show more
- H4733 U.S. Copyright Office.
- Stereograph Cards
- Edison, Thomas A.--(Thomas Alva),--1847-1931.
- Laboratories--New Jersey--East Orange--1900-1910.
- Photographic prints--1900-1910.
- Portrait photographs--1900-1910.