Kirby Family History & Genealogy
Kirby Last Name History & Origin
Nationality & Ethnicity
These are the earliest records we have of the Kirby family.
Kirby Biographies & Family Trees
Find birth, death records, and obituaries of Kirbies on AncientFaces:
Most Common First Names
- John 3.6%
- William 3.5%
- James 3.1%
- Mary 2.3%
- Robert 1.7%
- Thomas 1.6%
- Charles 1.5%
- George 1.3%
- Joseph 1.1%
- Edward 0.8%
Sample of 30,493 Kirbies bios
Kirby Death Records & Life Expectancy
According to our database of 22,600 people with the last name Kirby that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the longest-lived members of the Kirby family on AncientFaces.
- Marion W Kirby lived 107 years
- Elsie J Kirby lived 107 years
- Edra M Kirby lived 105 years
- Olive E Kirby lived 106 years
- Wilhelmena B Kirby lived 104 years
- Lois A Kirby lived 104 years
- Violet Ridout Kirby lived 104 years
- Edward Kirby lived 103 years
- Alice M Kirby lived 102 years
- Margaret E Kirby lived 103 years
My mother's father was also George but I do not know the name of her mother. I believe that he could be a descendant of Bishop Hugh Latimer who was burnt at the stake in Oxford England for heresy. Their children were Enid, Dorothy, Florence (Flo), George, Norman and my mother Lola.
Many English speaking families in South Africa have their roots in the 1820 Settlers but neither the Kirbys nor the Lattimers were among them and must have left Britain at a later stage.