Find Prescott Biographies
Use the links below to find biographies of Prescotts by their first name.
Latest Prescott photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Prescott community on AncientFaces.
These are the oldest members of the Prescott family on AncientFaces.
- Alice De Prescott Dutton born 1132
- William Prescott born 1484
- James Prescott, Esquire born 1512
- Sir Richard Prescott, Iv born 1555
- Anne Prescott born 1564
- Rebecca Prescott Sanborn born 1704
- Rebecca Prescott Towle born 1711
- Jonathan Prescott born 1722
- Patience Prescott born 1726
- Sarah Prescott born 1730
These are the longest-lived members of the Prescott family on AncientFaces.
- Sarah Prescott lived 110 years
- James Prescott lived 106 years
- Clarinda E Prescott lived 105 years
- Nelson A Prescott lived 103 years
- Gerold R Prescott lived 103 years
- Gerald R Prescott lived 103 years
- Gladys Prescott lived 103 years
- Lurene R Prescott lived 102 years
- Jay L Prescott lived 100 years
- Ester Prescott lived 101 years
Prescott Surname History
The name Prescott can be traced back to The Anglo-Saxon people that came to settle in England and remained throughout year 550 AD and 1066; The Norman Conquest. The Anglo-Saxons were formed from 2 Germanic Tribes who came mostly from what is now West Germany, but also Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg and parts of northern France.
There are alternate spellings of the name and also different surnames that are likely to have originally been the same name. In a time when not everybody could write, recordings of names would often be written as they sounded to the scribe. Other spellings of Prescott or surnames likely to have changed through recording are Prescot, Preskett and Priscott.
Places called Prescott or names similar to it include The Parish of Prescott in Gloucestershire, which was recorded as "Prestecote" in the 1287 Pipe Rolls of the county, Prescott, probably best described as a hamlet north west of Culmstock, in Devon, Prescott, Shropshire, which is now forms the southern part of the village of Baschurch, Prescote, a Hamlet/Civil Parish in Oxfordshire; and the town of Prescot in south west Lancashire, now part of Merseyside, recorded as "Prestecota" in the 1178 Pipe Rolls of Lancashire.
Early recordings of the name include: Richard de Prestecote (Lancashire, 1192); Heredes de Prestecote (Oxfordshire, 1273); and Robert Prescott, of Standish, a yeoman, who was recorded in the Wills Records, Chester, dated 1596. The earliest known recorded spelling of the surname is Gilbert de Prestcota, dated 1175, in The Pipe Rolls of Devonshire, during the reign of King Henry 11, known as The Builder of Churches, from 1154 until 1189.
Prescott family history has a rich and complex origin whose details have been accumulated over the years by Prescott family members. This Prescott history and genealogy page contains the contributed history of the Prescott family name made up of user-submitted content from other AncientFaces users. The Prescott family name is an old heredity that has migrated all across the world for many generations, and as the name Prescott has migrated, it has evolved making it's etymology tricky to unearth.
Leave a message to start a discussion about the Prescott family with other users.
Prescott Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
Prescott Meaning & Etymology
Prescott Life Expectancy
According to our database of 6,961 people with the last name Prescott that have a birth and death date listed:
Prescott Family Tree
Famous People named Prescott
- Albert Benjamin Prescott, American chemist.
- Benjamin Franklin Prescott, American governor.
- Breidis Enrique Prescott Consuegra, Colombian boxer.
- Edward Christian Prescott, American economist.
- George Alan Prescott, English rugby league footballer.
- Hilda Frances Margaret Prescott, English author.
- Henry Prescott, English govenor of Canadian Newfoundland.
- Jacquelyn Prescott, American model.
- James Prescott Joule, English physicist.
- John Leslie Prescott, British politician.
- John Robert Victor Prescott, Australian author.
- Paul Prescott, English rugby league footballer. Peter Prescott, American musician.Prescott Sheldon Bush, American Senator.
- Robert Prescott, British Military General.
- Samuel Prescott, American rebel.
- Samuel Cate Prescott, American scientist.
- Samuel Prescott Bush, American industrialist.
- Stefany Marisa Quintos Prescott, American actress.
- William Prescott, American colonel.
- William Hickling Prescott, American historian.
- William Warren Prescott, American educator.
Most Common Prescott First Names
According to our database of 10,831 people with the last name Prescott that have a first name listed, these are the most common first names:
- William 3.3%
- John 3.0%
- James 2.4%
- Mary 2.0%
- Charles 1.9%
- Robert 1.8%
- George 1.7%
- Thomas 1.2%
- Edward 1.0%
- Richard 0.9%
- Margaret 0.8%
- David 0.7%
- Frank 0.7%
- Elizabeth 0.7%
- Joseph 0.7%
- Henry 0.7%
- Dorothy 0.7%
- Alice 0.6%
- Helen 0.6%
- Ruth 0.6%
- Harold 0.5%
- Walter 0.5%
- Donald 0.5%
- Sarah 0.5%
- Arthur 0.5%
- Albert 0.5%
- Paul 0.5%
- Benjamin 0.4%
- Prescott 0.4%
- Carl 0.4%
- Mildred 0.4%
- Gladys 0.4%
- Harry 0.4%
- Raymond 0.4%
- Daniel 0.4%
- Ralph 0.4%
- Kenneth 0.4%
- Alfred 0.3%
- Florence 0.3%
- Ernest 0.3%
- Frederick 0.3%
- Edith 0.3%
- Frances 0.3%
- Clarence 0.3%
- Ethel 0.3%
- J 0.3%
- Edna 0.3%
- Edwin 0.3%
- Jack 0.3%
- Ellen 0.3%
Prescott Pronunciation & Spelling Variations