Latest Prescott photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Prescott community on AncientFaces.
Prescott Surname History
The name Prescott can be traced back to The Anglo-Saxon people that came to settle in England and remained throughout year 550 AD and 1066; The Norman Conquest. The Anglo-Saxons were formed from 2 Germanic Tribes who came mostly from what is now West Germany, but also Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg and parts of northern France.
There are alternate spellings of the name and also different surnames that are likely to have originally been the same name. In a time when not everybody could write, recordings of names would often be written as they sounded to the scribe. Other spellings of Prescott or surnames likely to have changed through recording are Prescot, Preskett and Priscott.
Places called Prescott or names similar to it include The Parish of Prescott in Gloucestershire, which was recorded as "Prestecote" in the 1287 Pipe Rolls of the county, Prescott, probably best described as a hamlet north west of Culmstock, in Devon, Prescott, Shropshire, which is now forms the southern part of the village of Baschurch, Prescote, a Hamlet/Civil Parish in Oxfordshire; and the town of Prescot in south west Lancashire, now part of Merseyside, recorded as "Prestecota" in the 1178 Pipe Rolls of Lancashire.
Early recordings of the name include: Richard de Prestecote (Lancashire, 1192); Heredes de Prestecote (Oxfordshire, 1273); and Robert Prescott, of Standish, a yeoman, who was recorded in the Wills Records, Chester, dated 1596. The earliest known recorded spelling of the surname is Gilbert de Prestcota, dated 1175, in The Pipe Rolls of Devonshire, during the reign of King Henry 11, known as The Builder of Churches, from 1154 until 1189.
Prescott family history has a rich and complex origin whose details have been accumulated over the years by Prescott family members. This Prescott history and genealogy page contains the contributed history of the Prescott family name made up of user-submitted content from other AncientFaces users. The Prescott family name is an old heredity that has migrated all across the world for many generations, and as the name Prescott has migrated, it has evolved making it's etymology tricky to unearth.
Prescott Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
Prescott Meaning & Etymology
Prescott Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
Last names similar to PrescottPrescottano, Prescottaro, Prescott-blu, Prescott-Boell, Prescottcharles, Prescotte, Prescotte dit Godin, Prescott Gilker, Prescotti, Prescottjames, Prescottjason, Prescottjesse, Prescott Jr, Prescott-kaufer, Prescottlester, Prescottmason, Prescottmichael, Prescott Phillips, Prescott-ric, Prescottrich
Prescott Family Tree
Here are a few of the Prescott genealogies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Prescotts
- Edith Prescott born 1875
- True Prescott born 1874
- John Holmes Prescott born 1840
- Thomas C Prescott born 1837
- Marvis J. Prescott born 1918
- Rebecca Prescott Sanborn born 1704
- Rebecca Prescott Towle 1711 - 1795
- Victor Prescott 1921 - 1981
- R S Prescott 1950 - 1992
- Stella Prescott 1877 - 1965
Famous People named Prescott
- Albert Benjamin Prescott, American chemist.
- Benjamin Franklin Prescott, American governor.
- Breidis Enrique Prescott Consuegra, Colombian boxer.
- Edward Christian Prescott, American economist.
- George Alan Prescott, English rugby league footballer.
- Hilda Frances Margaret Prescott, English author.
- Henry Prescott, English govenor of Canadian Newfoundland.
- Jacquelyn Prescott, American model.
- James Prescott Joule, English physicist.
- John Leslie Prescott, British politician.
- John Robert Victor Prescott, Australian author.
- Paul Prescott, English rugby league footballer. Peter Prescott, American musician.Prescott Sheldon Bush, American Senator.
- Robert Prescott, British Military General.
- Samuel Prescott, American rebel.
- Samuel Cate Prescott, American scientist.
- Samuel Prescott Bush, American industrialist.
- Stefany Marisa Quintos Prescott, American actress.
- William Prescott, American colonel.
- William Hickling Prescott, American historian.
- William Warren Prescott, American educator.